Thomas A. Maske is an experienced IT Professional. His strengths include establishing positive working relationships, communication, motivating team members, planning, organization and customer satisfaction. Tom is certified by the Project Management Institute with over 13 years of experience as a Manager and Project Manager. He is also certified ITIL V3 Foundations.
Tom is currently an Application Management Service Delivery Manager managing a Multi-Supplier program for both Application Development and Support. His primary responsibilities have been plan management, resource engagement, budgeting and forecasting. He has experience with global operations especially off-shore teams in India.
Prior to this position, Tom was in various technical, application and service delivery roles. This included enterprise-wide initiatives, as well as management roles with oversight of direct reports.
Tom is an experienced Consultant, Manager and Project Manager in application and technical focused initiatives.
"I take a three-tiered leadership approach to align with business and customer needs, create a positive and collaborative atmosphere with an attention to quality deliverables, while being attentive to personnel goals. I firmly believe in being proactive, predictive and preventative to avoid managing by crisis. I have practical experience applying ITIL principles to Technology Operations, with Service Level Management as the core of service improvement. This application promotes a culture of service, encouraging teams to extend beyond the "grey" areas, and treat every customer like they are a VIP."
Proven Leader experienced in the direction and development of information technologies. Strong project management skills with exceptional capabilities in both application and technical portfolios. Strengths include collaboration with Leadership, establishing positive working relationships, motivating team members, planning, organization and customer satisfaction.
- PMP Certified
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
- Portfolio, Program and Project Management
- Incident, Problem and Service Management
- End User Services
- Strategic direction and technology road mapping
- AIX, Mainframe, AS/400, Client/Server and Web Application Development
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
- VMWare and SAN Technologies (EMC and IBM)
- IBM TSM and TSRM (Maximo)
- End User Services
- Active Directory
- Application Rationalization and Data Center Consolidation
- PC Refresh
- Data Center Operations
- Support Desk and Desk-side Support
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio and Word
- Proficient with Open Workbench
- Proficient with Windows and Apple OS
Waukesha County Technical College, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Applied Science Degree in Business Data Processing
Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Science - Concentration in Business/Commercial Art
ITIL Foundation V3
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
Project Management Institute, SE Wisconsin
MillerCoors LLC Milwaukee, WI
Application Management Service Delivery Manager 2011 - Present
Manage the operational delivery of application maintenance services, including service delivery, service level monitoring and reporting, incident management, problem management, capacity planning, service request management and relationship management.
Plan, implement and track initiatives to drive continuous service and process improvements. Manage development, submission, approval and execution of service requests to ensure timely provisioning and delivery of services. Develop and leverage effective working relationships to build and sustain effective teams and processes. Collaborate with development teams to ensure timely and effective transition for new applications and enhancements.
Support the identification, prioritization and business justification for application enhancements to ensure that investment levels are consistent with application life-cycle management objectives.
Strategy, planning and execution of operational and management level governance. Work with external suppliers to deliver managed services. Responsible for 3rd part supplier contract, budget and forecasting. Experience with 3rd party providers and due diligence visits to operational sites in India.
- Manage a $10M annual budget and resource planning for Application Management.
- Manage ADM sourcing $4M budget, timelines and rollout strategies.
- Advise change management teams on service management changes and strategies throughout the enterprise.
- Management of a sourcing initiative overseeing the plans and execution of a move from primary to multi-supplier Application Development and Management model.
Harley-Davidson Motor Co., Inc. Milwaukee, WI
Project Manager/Technical Manager 2000 - 2011
Managed the Service Management (SLM) and Problem Management portfolios. Set strategic direction and oversaw the development and implementation of standard processes across the enterprise. Managed operational processes and procedures for the Global Service Desk to improve service levels. Interfaced with Global Information Services internal staff and business partners to develop service level agreements across all of Harley-Davidson. In addition, developing a service improvement plan to continuously improve Global IT services based on changing IT and business requirements.
- Managed the maturity roadmap of the Service Level Management function. Developed and implemented the associated templates and processes of Service Level Agreement delivery for global operations. Aligned with Problem Management and Service Desk operations.
- Managed the enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN), including a $4 million dollar budget. Set the strategic direction of the SAN including a 5 year roadmap as well as delivery of infrastructure in a new $14 million data center. Increased production SAN availability to 100%. Additionally responsible for supplier relationships and 5 direct reports.
- Managed a program requiring collaboration of several departments within the company to implement new campaigns ca. 2003 to present. This included consolidation of servers, data centers, coordinating the development of QA environments, and managing the Project Management Office overseeing data center consolidation efforts. During the course of the program, lead large cross-site teams of 12 or more people.
- Led the distribution center team of 3-7 people ca. 2003 to enhance support capabilities and ensure customer satisfaction. This included adaptation of project methodologies to day-to-day support efforts, ensuring that enhancements met customer satisfaction prior to implementation. Additional projects coordinated and verified availability and disaster recovery capabilities supporting an enterprise distribution and replenishment system. A highlight was the first formal Service Level Agreement between IS and Business partners. - Serve as a mentor to other team members encouraging career development and advancement. Help others understand and apply project management principles. Additionally focus on activities and educational opportunities to improve Team Building and Leadership skills.
J.C. Edward Company Mukwonago, WI
Founder/Principal Consultant 1992 - 2000
Provider of project management, business analysis, development and creative services to several Milwaukee-metropolitan clients. Managed client engagements from the development of relationships through proposal / negotiation, and project direction.
- Lead the replacement of systems supporting public facing county government systems, including development of standard acceptance testing.
- Manage the implementation of a test lab for client/server applications supporting manufacturing operations.
- Team Lead of an insurance system integration program supporting a corporate acquisition.
- Waukesha County Jul 1999-Apr 2000
- Seaquist Closures Feb 1999-Apr 1999
- Case Corporation Dec 1997-Jul 1999
- Milwaukee Insurance Jan 1997-Dec 1997
- United Health (Extendicare) Aug 1996-Dec 1996
- Ameritech May 1996-Aug 1996
- M&I (Metavante) Aug 1995-Feb 1996
- Oscar Mayer Jun 1995-Aug 1995